Friday, June 18, 2010

Hot in Cleveland


So hot...


I never thought I'd watch a show on TV Land Network, but then again I never thought I'd get yelled at by a toothless midget. So many things change when you come to the big city! Anyway, Hot in Cleveland is the new Betty White show that just premiered this Wednesday (Or Thursday if you're like me and don't have cable.) It's all about three women from LA who are pushing their prime (Valerie Bertinelli, that chick from Just Shoot Me, and Daphne from Fraiser). The premise is that they were going to go to Paris for a vacation together, but the plane has to emergency land in Cleveland. So naturally they all decide that instead of going to Paris, they'll just hang out in good ol' Ohio.

Seriously?

I've been to Cleveland. Not to knock it, but once you've seen the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, you've pretty much maxed out what there is to do there. But I guess Betty White is enough reason to stay. A feisty little Eastern European lady is the reason I always make it to North Eastern Ohio (my grandma). Although unlike Betty White's character, my grandma doesn't smoke pot.... I don't think.

Give the show a watch. It's worth the 24 minutes. Though I'm convinced in the long run this will be a show that will appeal far more to my mom's demographic. It's middle-aged woman humor. You know, menopause, how more men think they're hot in the Midwest, hangovers being funnier when you're 50... That stuff. 


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "Hotter in the Haute" Yazge

1 comment:

  1. So offended. There's more to Cleveland than just the Rock Hall. Lovely parks and an Iron Chef. Seriously, Yazge. And my dog is pretty damn awesome too.

    ReplyDelete