Sunday, July 25, 2010

Awaken Your Tribal Spirit


Why was I only around for 2 years of the 80's? WHY!?


So it was a lazy night last night, and I decided to stay in and watch a movie. It was really difficult to find a movie that fit the funky mood I was in. Eventually I settled on a gem called "The Hangover." (Oddly appropriate considering my Friday night activities.) That movie will never stop being funny to me, mainly because I see a lot of me and my friends in it. And it appeals to my inner tribal-being. His name is Sasquatch Minnetonka. That loosely translates to hairy, big-footed, culturally-unlearned one. He tall. He strong. He look like always wear sweater. He dance long time to Iko Iko.

I also took plenty of notes, so that my Sasquatch "family" and I will know what to do on our epic post-graduation trip to Vegas. So far I've added the following things to our to-do list:
  1. Rooftop toast
  2. Trip to emergency room
  3. Marry a stripper
  4. Steal a tiger from a former heavy-weight boxing champion
  5. Kidnap an Asian mobster
  6. Leave one of our friends (probably Eller) on the roof of a hotel for 24+ hours
  7. Win $80,000 at a blackjack table
  8. Go home with an epic story we only half-remember

So thanks to my rediscovered love for all things tribal/Vegas-adjacent, I've dedicated this week to building a deeper connection to my inner Sasquatch. Yesterday it started with watching "The Hangover", which is where I was reminded how much I love the song "Iko Iko". That video wasn't totally non-sequitur. But did you see the awesome wardrobe up in that piece? Ugh... If only I would have been older in the 80's. I TOTALLY would have rocked that look/learned those crazy dance moves. Some people have all the luck...


Ciao Bella!

-Matteo 

No comments:

Post a Comment