Monday, May 31, 2010

Marriage, Marriage, Marriage!


Everyone is all about the marriage lately...


I came home for Memorial Day, which I guess is traditionally a very weddingly time of year. But for some reason I haven't been able to escape them since I got back. I took my little sister to see Sex and the City 2, which was all about marriages and relationships and how people really suck at being in them. I was a big fan though. It was much funnier than the first SATC movie. My favorite part involved Kim Cattrall's character swearing at a bunch of Arab men in a market, whilst thrusting her hips and waiving condoms. I feel all gender oppression should be combatted in a similar fashion.

So on top of SATC, I had a wedding to go to yesterday. The connection to this weekend's theme is pretty obvious there: open bar. And when we got back from the reception, we watched It's Complicated - yet another marriage movie. It gives me hope though. If one day I'm a divorced old bag, at least I might have a restaurant and a rockin' house out in the LA suburbs. In the meantime, I'm off to my pitcher of sangria in the sun! Happy Memorial Day!


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "Marriage-marinated" Yazge

No comments:

Post a Comment