Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pure Blintz


Let's get blintzed!


The padre and I went out for breakfast this morning before he hit the road to go back home. Under no other circumstances would I be awake at 8am on a Saturday morning. Apparently no one else is up at 8am either, and the only place we could find open for breakfast was Veselka - quite possibly the best Ukranian diner the world has ever known. They even have a cookbook now. And that cookbook even has a quote from John Stewart on it. What more could you ask for? Nothing.

For those of you who don't know, I'm one of the least decisive people you will ever meet. Menus daunt me. So I turned to a good friend's advice this morning: "Always go with the blintzes. Trust me. Our people do them right." (Thank you Tammy Schaffer). And boy was she spot on. These blintzes were HUGE, and had the best sweet cheese filling I've ever blintzed. Add a little raspberry sauce and powdered sugar and you're good to go. It was the perfect way to cap off a really great couple days with il padre!


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "Blintz-meister" Yazge


P.S. - anyone interested in trying to make these from scratch next weekend???

No comments:

Post a Comment