Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Yoga Pains


Oh yeah, I was doing poses exactly like this.


I finally went to Yoga to the People for the first time in almost a year. But the thing is I went two days ago, and I still have muscles that are hurting. But they're really random muscles - the back of my shoulder, only select lats, and all those odd little muscles you never knew you had. Also, my will-to-return-to-yoga muscle. That one hurts a lot.

And can we just discuss how much my sweat levels are not conducive to public yoga? It's like there was a hose on constant spray out of my head. I could never keep my arms in pose for too long, because I had to keep wiping all the sweat out of my eyes before I went blind. To make matters worse, my perspiration was pooling on my yoga mat, causing me to slide all over the place. So I took my shirt off (horrifying for everyone else there, I realize), and tried to use it to stabilize at least my hands. That worked for all of 5 minutes, until the shirt was fully saturated. It was a hot damned mess. But I loved every minute of it. Next time I just need to bring a towel.... or five. Watch out Whitney Houston, there's a new sweat-monster in town.


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "Sweat-monster" Yazge

No comments:

Post a Comment