Friday, November 13, 2009

Il Cibo Inglese













Food (from top, down): sign for "Eat" restaurant... they know what they're talking about; my fish and chips; I LOVE ICE CREAM! ; lots of mushrooms; this weird vegetable that is really cool, but I don't know what it is.




I don't know why people think England has horrible food. I liked it. I could eat fish and chips every day of the week. It's fantastic. And jams and clotted creme? I know I already talked about that, but it's worth repeating. I found a recipe for clotted creme, and I'm definitely going to try it when I get home.

Oh, and Ice Cream Truck ice cream? It's custardy. Thick. Heaven. And when you get it in a chocolate covered cone, you've officially made the best decision of your life. Hands down. Just look at my face. It's as if I'm 10 years old again. Probably why I was a very large child...

Also, the markets (for the most part) are awesome. There's a billion different types of vegetables, so many that I didn't even know what some of them are. Like the weird spirally green thing above? BUT! Be forewarned! You will get robbed blind. Literally. Someone stole my Flip video camera while I was buying salmon. I knew I smelled something fishy... Yup. I went there. But the joke is on the idiot that thought he was getting a fully functioning camera. The battery on that camera was crap. So there!

As a result of losing that camera, I've lost all video footage of Paris and most of London. I took some more on my normal camera, but it's not the same. I'll still work on piecing something together, but it's not going to be Wafflefest quality. Sorry! Oh, and I'm shaving tomorrow morning. I still feel like I have one more London post in me, but I don't have it in me to keep this much scruff.


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "Soon-to-be-Scruff-Shavin'" Yazge

1 comment:

  1. I love those pictures. And of course that I was there for most of these London happenings. YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete