Monday, November 2, 2009

Pioggia Universale



What today was like...




I'm not ready to talk about London. I'm too lazy. But I thought I could channel the London aura and talk about the rain. You can tell my ability as a writer has diminished considerably when I'm stuck talking about the weather.

The day started with wet clothes. Before I even went outside. The washing machine hates me and my clothing, and has decided that it shouldn't spin dry my clothes at all. While I was in class, the cleaning people made my roommates take my clothes off the drying rack because they were dripping on the floor. Apparently the cleaners said that it would leak through to the apartment below us. For the record, that makes no sense at all, because our floors are tiled. So instead of questioning the flawed logic, my clothes ended up piled in the bottom of the shower, and then the sink. On the bright side, the sink had just been cleaned. Currently my clothes are undergoing their second wash in 24 hours.

All day it rained. On my walk to school. On my walk between buildings at school. During pilates. After pilates. By the by, there were only 3 of us at pilates today, which meant that the instructor could set her mat between us and correct us. Which means that I wasn't allowed to slack off, and my entire core is sore. I decided to go to the super market on my way home, and as I was making it from the store to my apartment, the clouds opened up and the heavens unleashed their fury on me. Baguettes aren't nearly as delicious when covered in rain water. Oh, and I found mussels on sale. Prize to the person that suggests the best recipe.

So now, to bring my day full circle, I need to go shower. Hope you're staying dry.


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "Water-logged" Yazge

No comments:

Post a Comment