Sunday, November 1, 2009

La Gioconda



Mona.




So the Louvre was fun. We spent so much time there... even taking into consideration how crazy huge that museum is. I also took this picture of my lady Mona intentionally with lots of space around it. It stresses how small the painting actually is. And I'm calling her out. I don't think she's actually smiling. I'm convinced it's more of a grimace. She had a wedgie and couldn't fix it because she had to be still for the portrait. That's a much more believable story. Women weren't happy during the Renaissance. Feminine mystique? Phooey.

I really wish I had the energy or creativity to write anything more. Maybe tomorrow I'll move on to London?


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "Giocondo" Yazge

1 comment:

  1. The Mona Lisa is underwhelming. The crowds of tourists from Asia trying to take pictures of it are overwhelming. I am surprised there is not actually an Asian person in this photo, to be quite honest.

    ReplyDelete