Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Uffa! E ancora non c'e un uccello!



I could use a real pick-me-up right about now...


So I'm exhausted. What's new? After sleeping 20 minutes past my alarm, and stopping by the grocery store to pick up the last of the ingredients for tomorrow's dinner, I decided I should get "un taglio", a haircut. It's been a while and I was looking fairly gross. More so than usual. On my way to the barber shop, I realized what a wonderful day it was outside. The leaves were changing, the sky was blue, the river looked less polluted than it normally does. I started to get a little verklempt, realizing how much I'm going to miss Italy when I leave in 2 weeks. That was before my haircut...

What should have been a quick walk across the river and back took over THREE HOURS! The woman told me that I'd have to wait an hour, hardly enough time to go back home and accomplish anything with my life. So I wandered around in the beautiful weather for a while and went back. I then proceeded to wait another 45 minutes before I was allowed to sit in the back and wait 10 more minutes for someone to shampoo my hair. I didn't get back until around 6, effectively blowing an afternoon I had intended to spend getting work done. I can't wait to get back to the United States, where customer service exists.

But all was not lost. I now have a whole tray of tiramisu made, sitting in my fridge for tomorrow. Did you know that tiramisu literally means "pick-me-up" in Italian? Isn't that cool? So even if it takes them 6 hours to get it to you, you'll feel a little better, because at least you'll eventually have it.


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "Picked Up" Yazge

1 comment:

  1. Darling, you should have assumed this. Don't you remember what it was like flying Alitalia?

    ReplyDelete