Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Introducing: WINO WEDNESDAYS!




Oops! That cork comes out easier than you think!


That's right! I've been pondering over how to give The Ugly American a little more focus, and while I'm sure everyone loves hearing about the banalities of my personal life, I have decided to institute something a little more useful: Wino Wednesdays! Here's a little story about how Wino Wednesdays came to be:





Once upon a time, Matt went to Italy. But before he left, his aunt gave him a book on wine, specifically Wine for Dummies. Of course he took it with him, having every intention of availing himself to the rich abundance of Tuscan wine. And, of course, he never so much as opened the book the entire three and a half months he was in Italy. Matt, indeed, was a dummy.
Yesterday, however, Matt decided to stop by Union Square Wines for the 30% off sale. What he wasn't expecting was for the sale only to apply only to purchases of 12 bottles or more. So, being the naturally savvy businessman that he is, Matt bought an entire case of wine and decided to call it a "long term investment." He waddled his way home, content and proud of his sound moral judgement. But Matt also had some worries about this situation.
      "I can't be the only one to benefit from this good wine," he thought. "NAY! I shall share my experience (and select comments about/from Wine for Dummies) with the world. Together we shall all achieve a heightened appreciation for the grape, the magic of fermentation... and brotherhood!"
And thus, Wino Wednesdays was born.




So from here on out, every Wednesday will be dedicated to wine. I got a nice mix of reds, whites, national origin, etc. I'll tackle a bottle a week (and always in moderation I'd like to note). I'll read up on the type, the vineyard, possible food pairings, and any other fun stories that come along with it! It's my dedication to you, my few, my proud, my readers. Only the best wine. Never any hangovers. Well, that one's more for me...




Ciao Bella!


Matteo "Wino" Yazge






P.S. - I promise to post these sooner in the day from here on out, but today Blogger was being stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment