Wednesday, January 6, 2010

And now for something completely different...



Getting my vaccination between the post-its and the condoms...




It's a new year, and it's time for something new. I'm going to start putting my blog titles in English. I know, I know, it's a shocker. "But what will everyone think Matt," you ask, "they've all gotten used to not understanding your writing style and sense of humor. Putting your titles in another language just seemed to fit SO WELL!" While all of that may be true, it's been a month since I left Italy, and I should probably move on with my life.

As part of this great trudge forward, I decided it'd probably be a good idea to get vaccinated for something. I've already got Hepatitis and Polio covered; so, it just made sense to finally get the H1N1 vaccine. Now don't go getting yourself all worked up with that picture of me (above). I am quite a lot to handle at first glance (in that there's a lot to look at, especially in the gut area). I promise to get back on a treadmill as soon as I get back to New York, yet another part of progress.

But I'd like to take a minute to point out how hilarious CVS's little vaccination clinic is. First, I'd like to say that it's a great service that they're doing for the community. It's making it easier to get vaccinated for a potentially very serious disease. Is the community smart enough to take advantage of such an opportunity? That's a completely different story. As you can tell from the picture, it wasn't any luxury Dr.'s Office. The doctor brought out everything he needed on a TV tray, like the kind you use to eat a microwave diner in your living room. On the bright side, my seat was facing a collection of cheap scented candles and office supplies, which was perfect for back to school shopping. But the real cherry on top of the whole experience was finding out that the doctor/pharmacist just moved in down the street from us. I guess I know whose door to knock on when I'm out of Advil... or Valium. You know how I get very nervous. Very nervous, very often.


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "Shot in the Arm" Yazge

1 comment:

  1. I got this shot recently too! Funny that you got a picture of yourself hahaha. Oooh, and I love the new blog header too!

    PS: Where are living next semester?

    ReplyDelete