Monday, January 11, 2010

To Tweet, or not to Tweet? It's a horrible question...



Will you stop talking to me if I join Twitter?



Yup. I'm debating doing it. I know, I know. It sounds like a horrible idea. HOWEVER! I'm doing research at work on the benefits of social media, and I'm thinking maybe I should just start following people on Twitter to stay abreast of marketing trends. Is that so bad?

Well, part of me thinks yes. I've avoided tweeting, chirping, and clucking this long, so why cave in now? I've been perfectly happy without any bird-related noises in my life. Plus, what can you say in that few characters? It may be responsible for the dumbing down of our youth... that and that darned rap music.

This decision all comes down to standards, specifically which standard I value more: not stooping to the level of one of the most butchered forms of writing, or being open to new technology/ideas. Thoughts?


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "Troubled and Tweetless" Yazge

2 comments:

  1. i say yes, especially if you're doing it for professional reasons. it's a great way to have access to articles, studies, etc, that only come through twitter because it's so easy for people to re-tweet them. i follow tons of philanthropy/fundraising/marketing/arts&cultural people, and through them find a lot of useful information that helps with work. don't be scared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not so bad. If you follow people you like, then it can be pretty entertaining. Example, my latest "tweet" (I do hate that term, though) was about my dream I had during a nap this afternoon in which my dog stole my car and wrecked because she couldn't hold the steering wheel properly. I love that in my dream I'm trying to use logic in a completely illogical situation. Anyway, it's not as bad as it sounds, so if you want to, then I'd say go for it.

    ReplyDelete