Thursday, March 11, 2010

6 Impossible Things Before Breakfast


Care for a piping hot cup o' crazy?


Last night, instead of studying for my midterm, I went to see Alice in Wonderland with my friend Kaitlyn who was in town visiting. When you break it down, I think I learned far more from this movie than I would have by sitting hunched over a book, cramming. Perhaps the most important lesson I learned was a daily routine that I plan on implementing immediately. It comes up several times in the movie, but my favorite instance was when Alice turns to the Mad Hatter and says "I think of six impossible things before breakfast." To which he replies, "that's a very good practice."

SO! Here are my six impossible things before breakfast for today:

1. I will adopt a family full of llamas, and we will live in our own little llama world.
2. I will own beachfront property somewhere (inhabitable) in California.
3. Peyton Manning will be my best friend, and also cover my bar tab.
4. I'm finally going to get my act together and start submitting my work for publication. This will no doubt be a small first step towards building a media empire, and eventually total world domination. This will be bigger than Oprah.
5. Julia Child will visit me every night just before I go to bed. Not in a weird zombie way, but in a "Ghost of Quirky Chefs Past" way.
6. I'll go to Singapore tomorrow... Oh look! That one came true!


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "Mad as a Hatter" Yazge

1 comment:

  1. Like. 6 impossible things before breakfast is an excellent practice.

    ReplyDelete