Monday, March 1, 2010

Lots of Crazy, Not so much Heart


Now Presenting: THE WRESTLER... wait, I mean CRAZY HEART!


So I wasn't really crazy about the Crazy Heart. Was it a solid movie? Yes. Had I seen it before in a million other incarnations? Yes. Essentially they took The Wrestler, that awful Mickey Rourke movie, and instead cast Jeff Bridges as a washed up singer/song writer as opposed to a washed up wrestler. I think next year they're going to get Jon Voight to play a washed up Nascar racer and call it Crazy Car. And you know who will play his romantic opposite? A hooker with a heart of gold: Kirsty Alley.

I just don't know how many times you can watch the same redemption story, especially when they start including scenes of him vomiting and having sex with Maggie Gyllenhaal. No one wants to see that. Ever. It was almost too painful to watch. By the end he had his act together, as all good post-rehab characters must, but I was done caring. Let's just say I'm glad I saw this movie on someone else's tab.


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "Crazy Writer" Yazge

No comments:

Post a Comment