Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wino Wednesday: Obrigado!


If it speaks Portuguese, don't pass it up; this spoke to me.


I've already written about Vinho Verde before, I know... But I really like that type of wine, and this is a different bottle. Besides, I just got an internship with a Brazilian company. They speak Portuguese - a very different type of Portuguese, but Portuguese nonetheless. I just wanted to spread the love, pay it forward, make the world go round, put the lime in the coconut so to speak. You get the idea.

This bottle was about $5-7 more than the other Vinho Verde that I've already blogged about. To be brutally honest, it wasn't worth the extra money. It was a touch too acidic for my taste. Very tart. Look at me developing wine preferences, turning my nose up at things. Now don't get me wrong, I had no problems drinking it. It wasn't one of those experiences where someone was forcibly holding my mouth open while his henchman pour wine through a funnel into my mouth. It's just that, were I only going to stranded on a deserted island with only one bottle of Vinho Verde, this bottle of Varanda do Conde would not be the one I'd pick. Although I will say that it would make a great message in a bottle...


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "Portogallo" Yazge

No comments:

Post a Comment