Saturday, March 6, 2010

Something in the Water



If there's something in the water, I want what she's drinking...


The other night my sister and I were online swapping music, something that happens about once every other month or so. One of the songs she sent me really clicked with me. Blame it on the weather getting warmer here; blame it on the fact that this song reminds me I leave for an island vacation in less than a week; blame it on my love for Caribbean women. But any way you cut it, V.V. Brown is awesome.

Her debut CD, Traveling Like the Light, came out last June. Don't ask me how I missed it. But the best part about the CD? It's $5.99 on iTunes right now. For 12 songs. If you don't buy this CD right now, you're crazy. Listening to it just makes you happy. It's as simple as that. I could go on and on about how brilliant her personal story is - turning down a spot at Oxford to pursue music, turning down P. Diddy and Bad Boy Records for a legit record label, having a sold out tour and songs featured on several American TV shows - but at the end of the day, all you care about is how phenomenal the music is. If it doesn't make you tap your toe or jump up dancing, you're not human.


Ciao Bella

Matteo "Shark in the Water" Yazge

No comments:

Post a Comment