Monday, June 15, 2009

Il Americano brutto


I'd like to point out that I have never read nor seen The Ugly American. So I can only make reference to it with the little cliff notes knowledge I have of it... The gist is that a lot of Americans abroad are loud, stupid, and rude. Or at least that's the perception. I can't say that I completely disagree. But the point of the story is that the actual character called "The Ugly American", is the only one who isn't a huge cantankerous moron. In the movie, he's played by Marlon Brando. Now, I'm not saying that Marlon Brando and I are even comparable... but if you'd like to, I'd believe you. I mean, draw all the comparisons you want. It's only fair. Eventually I'll read the book, and then we can all have a little book circle or something.... but probably not. I'm just being honest.

In other news, I've decided that it's MAGGEN MONDAY! Maggen being the nickname for one of my bestest friends, Maggie. Monday being the day of the week. It comes before Tuesday most weeks. For this week's Maggen Monday, I will dedicate the following carelessly-written poem to the Maggen and accompany it with a flattering picture.

She's looking right up at the sky,
though I'm not really sure why.
I do love the Maggen,
My tail I am waggin',
Maybe I'll go get some pie...



Now I'm off to eat. For real. But we don't have pie, so I'll have to think of something else.


Ciao Bella!

-Matteo

2 comments:

  1. I love Marlon Brando. I watched "A Streetcar Named Desire" just because he was in it, and hot. That kind of backfired.

    ReplyDelete