Sunday, June 14, 2009

Uffa! Come è successo?

Today is dedicated to the Schaffer household, AKA - Taylor and Tammy. Coincidentally, it also includes some pretty crazy things that have happened recently, in politics and my life. Today is mostly about Tammy though, because if there's one thing I've learned, it's that you always choose Team Tammy. Always. Otherwise, this is what might happen:


Check out that devilish grin... she knows how to wield a sledge hammer.
When asked to comment, all we got was the following photo...

Though mad props to choosing such shiny sequined outfits. Tammy, there are so many reasons I'm glad you didn't become a nun. Here is a list of just few:
  1. I'm sure the order would not permit you to smash cars with sledge hammers.
  2. Your Waterford lamp recovery skills would not be put to nearly as much use.
  3. There would be no Taylor, and then I probably never would have met you.
  4. I would be out another person to share ridiculous stories with, including the following about the premier of Italy:

So apparently the New York State Senate and the entire country of Iran aren't the only political bodies in dire trouble (see links for NYTimes coverage). It appears that Italy's Prime Minister, Silvio Berlusconi, is in some trouble of his own. Apparently he's no stranger to breaking the law, having been charged of tax fraud, bribing judges, and other nonsense. He owns a large number of Italy's media outlets, and even passed a law granting himself immunity from prosecution. Great guy if you ask me. Mussolini would be proud.

But what's the latest? This 72-year-old head of state is "sharing his evenings with" an 18-year-old girl. Yes, that's right. EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD. Hugh Hefner would be proud. Berlusconi then went on TV and publicly asked for an apology from his wife for leaving him... Larry King would be proud. Personally, I think it's hilarious, and further confirms why Italy has no grasp of sexual harassment laws. Taylor tipped me off on John Stewart's segment about the whole Italian love fest. You really should watch it...

Click here for The Daily Show coverage of Signore Berlusconi's misdeeds.


Lastly, but certainly not least is my own misdeed for the day. If you aren't familiar with Amazon.com and its "one-click" purchase option, don't become familiar. It's dangerous. Today I wanted to download a CD and decided to use Amazon's "one-click". I didn't realize at the time that I was logged into Liz's account. She must have been the last to order something on my computer... SO! I would like to take a page out of Berlusconi's book and publicly ask Liz to apologize to me for such a heinous deed. I am also expecting her to pay me the $10 for the CD I ordered with her credit card. Don't ask how that should make sense, just do it. I'll be $10 the wealthier, and I'm pretty sure we'll all sleep better at night. Grazie.


Ciao Bella!

-Matteo

No comments:

Post a Comment