Monday, June 29, 2009

La mia gran gita a Philly


I'm expecting this trip to be as spreadably delicious as I've been promised.

I have to get my visa for Italy, and because my permanent address is in Pennsylvania and I'm not taking summer classes, this means a day trip (gita) to Philly. The consulate is only open 9am-Noon (talk about work ethic) so my bus leaves at 7:30 am. Grand. But I figured since I have to pay for a ticket to get down there, I might as well stick around a bit. For now the plan is to get my visa as soon as I get down there, and then meander around downtown. Perhaps I'll see the Liberty Bell, and various other bells sans crack. Someone told me there's supposed to be a great market... on Market Street. Imagine that.  There's also a huge strip of stores comparable to 5th Ave, so I may hit that up too. If all else fails I'll go read my book in a café somewhere. But I'm not going down there just to come right back. We're making a gita of it!

Guests are welcome. Let me know if you wanna go for the day!

Ciao Bella!

-Matteo "soon-to-be-Philly-fun-havin" Suave




P.S. - Maybe Philly has nuns. I hope they do. I also hope they do this for fun:

No comments:

Post a Comment