Sunday, February 28, 2010

Food with Soul


If the eyes are the window the soul, then my stomach is the revolving door...



Last night Jamie and I went out to eat. We wanted to go somewhere fun, and I really wanted to go somewhere I hadn't been before. And that's when she suggested ACME. That's also remembered that she was a genius.

I've always been a huge fan of soul food. Coincidentally, I also seem to be one of the few white people who crave collard greens. DELICIOUS. ACME is beyond mouthwatering. Every table is set with cornbread and butter, and while I wasn't in the mood for a drink last night, the mango margaritas sounded like heaven in a glass. What I did end up eating was a half-shrimp-half-oyster po boy sandwich. Well, I ate half of it. That's the only thing missing from my undying love for soul food: a bigger stomach. I guess I only have half a soul?


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "Po Boy" Yazge

1 comment:

  1. i just went there today! they have a really cheap brunch. but you will ROLL out of there.

    ReplyDelete