Sunday, October 25, 2009

Bella Firenze, Ti Amo



Oh Florence, how I've missed thee...




I'm falling in love with this city all over again. Fall break was wonderful, and there will be many a blog post about it. But I'm so glad to be back home. I'm not cut out for jumping from one city to the next in rapid-fire succession. Nor do I particularly enjoy hostels... So glad I stayed with friends for two of the stops (thanks Liz and Emma!)

Also, I would never recommend to anyone trying to spend anything less than an entire week in Paris. Or London for that matter. There's so much to see that you really can't do it in just 3 or 4 days. When I go back to Paris I want to make sure I make it to the Luxembourg Gardens and the cemetery - the one where Oscar Wilde is buried. I know there are other people there too, but his name is the only one that jumps out at me.

You'd also be very proud of me for traveling with just one very small bag and a tote bag for an entire weeks worth of travel plus souvenirs. Such a good packer.

But I'm so tired, and just content to be "home". There's some outdoor concert going on one piazza over from us, and you can hear it if you leave our windows open. It's all classical choral and orchestral music, and stunningly beautiful. Jamie and I are just staring out at the Duomo from our window, listening to the music, sipping our champagne, and celebrating a job well done on an amazing week of travel.


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "Fiorentino" Yazge

No comments:

Post a Comment