Friday, October 2, 2009

Ciocolato Belgio




 

Chocolate versions of the peeing boy statue; the outside of Pierre Marcolini - chocolate genius.




Belgian chocolate lives up to the hype. They even make chocolate in the shape of naked babies peeing! Apparently the peeing baby is this really famous fountain (as famous as a fountain in Brussels can be). We saw it. I guess it looked famous. Lots of people were taking pictures of it while it was making a gross display of itself in public. Kind of like Lindsay Lohan. Only it worked more like one of those 5 pound plastic dolls that really wets itself. Kind of like Lindsay Lohan. The water part of the fountain is the pee... Must be famous. Anyway, they sell all kinds of versions of the statue/fountain/baby. I saw these huge 3 foot tall chocolate replicas in all different colors. A picture was necessary.





Chocolat du Pierre


But the real chocolate was at Pierre Marcolini. Erika found it online before we went. Follow the link and watch the video about how he crafts his chocolates. The man is brilliant. While we were there we found out that there's a Park Avenue location, so I can get it as often as I want when I go home! One of the things I found to be the most special was this 16 piece collection of chocolates, each of which uses a different type of cocoa bean from a various parts of the world. It's all dark chocolate, 70%+. They only way to do chocolate really. Although to be fair I did try the free milk chocolate and almond samples they had out, and they weren't bad. I'm not a huge milk chocolate person. I think it may have dirtied my teeth a bit, but the girls behind the counter were insisting. I didn't want to be rude. Just don't let dark chocolate find out. She can't know I've been seeing other chocolates. Because deep down, I love my chocolate just like I love my women: dark and with a cup of coffee.


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "Au Chocolat" Yazge

1 comment:

  1. PLEASE TELL ME YOU BOUGHT ME A PEEING BABY CHOCOLATE STATUE. kthxbaiii. :)

    ReplyDelete