Monday, October 26, 2009

Paris, je t'aime



Look how photogenic we are! Oh, and the Tower doesn't look that bad either...




OK. So it's late, I realize, but I needed to start blogging. Otherwise it might not ever happen. My sinuses have been acting up ever since we first left Florence, coughing, sneezing, drippy, phlegm phlegm phlegm... Attractive, no? So I just took some cough syrup and a Zyrtec, and should be passed out in roughly 10 minutes. So let's do this fast!

I figured I'd start with the most easily recognizable part of our trip: La Tour Eiffel! It was the first part of Paris I saw as our bus from the airport rounded the corner at night. It was all lit up and just as romantic as everyone has ever described it. It was ironic, because I was reading My Life in France, the Julia Child memoir, and she was describing her first view of Paris. We share that. I also like to think we also share a God-given talent for cooking and a charisma that wins over the masses...

While we were taking pictures with the tower, we spotted these two wedding couples taking pictures in front of the tower. You know how I mentioned a while back that we were doing a photo scavenger hunt? Well one of the tasks was to get a picture with a bride and groom. One was to get a picture with Asian tourists (with points proportional to the number of Asians). Another extra 3 points for a picture in a foreign country. 2 bonus points if the picture is taken outside Italy. Because the two bridal parties were entirely Asian, and standing in front of the Eiffel Tower, Jamie and I scored SERIOUS points.


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "Tower Touring and Point Scoring" Yazge


P.S. - I regret to announce that the trip to Barcelona has been cancelled. Meridiana cancelled our flight, and there was no way to reschedule in a cost- or time-efficient manner. So we are taking suggestions for what I should do that weekend. Current options include Torino, Geneva, stay in Florence and recreate our own Barcelona complete with tapas and lisps. Whoever comes up with the best plan of action (including an itinerary of exciting activities) gets an all-expense paid trip to join me!

Just kidding! But I'll bake you some cookies? That sound good enough? Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment