Sunday, August 23, 2009

Buon viaggio!

This may be the only way I keep from losing my phone again...


And so the journey begins!

After a wonderful last day with the family – and a brief midnight meltdown caused by either nerves, lack of sleep, or the wonderful musical stylings of Ms. Ingrid Michaelson (you choose which) – I’m now East-ward bound. I’m in New York through Monday evening at 8:50 when Swiss Air will whisk me away! I’ve managed to leave my cell phone at home though… so much for my long Sunday of phone calls back home to say goodbye to everyone. Yes, I realize that we can add this to the epic list of my failures. My poor little phone has been through so much this summer. It probably just wanted to jump ship, especially after being abandoned at a bar for several days. The good thing is I couldn’t use it in Italy anyway. At least this way I wont lose it… again.

Another feat that I think we should be very proud of is my newfound ability to pack lightly. Neither one of my suitcases are those jumbo international ones. I have one medium sized bag and a smaller duffle bag. For THREE AND A HALF MONTHS of travel. This is coming from the guy who subscribes to the “If you don’t pack it, you can’t wear it” philosophy. As in, I would pack my entire closet because if anything was left at home, I’d probably want to wear it.

So today’s favorite thing? Learning to make due: sans cell phone, sans large suitcase.


Ciao Bella!

-Matteo “Due-Makin’” Yazge

No comments:

Post a Comment