Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Per l'amore di cucinare


I really want to get her cookbooks now... though I don't think I could handle de-boning a duck. That's just not going to happen.

I went with the madge and the midge today to see Julie&Julia. It was really good, but not so big of a surprise there. You can't go wrong with Meryl Streep. Pure genius. The ironic thing is that after watching this brilliant movie about exquisite French cooking, we went to Pizza Hut for dinner. Yes, I can hear your internal groans from here... it was a little ridic.

Something that came up in J&J was how Julie feels obligated to write to her blog followers. I'd like to let all 2 of you that read this, that I too feel dedicated to you. I wake up every morning thinking to myself, "Self, how can I make today more enjoyable for my reader..." And if it's a particularly good morning, I wake up thinking to myself, "Self, how can I make today more enjoyable for my readerS!?" See? It's a good day because I think there's someone besides my mother reading this, making sure that I'm not bringing shame on the whole family. SCORE!

So, give me some lovin'. If you've read this far, give me a comment.

Or two...


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "Comment-wanting" Yazge

2 comments:

  1. Darling, I read your every blog entry.

    And I loved loved loved that movie. I even liked Julie, which it seems most critics did not (although the NYT reviewer gave her more favorable marks than most).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wasn't lying when i said i'd put you on my google reader!

    - devo caroline from new42

    ReplyDelete