Saturday, August 15, 2009

Verde e delizioso

God bless the avocado...

I made some pretty amazing guacamole today. But when is guacamole not amazing? Only when it comes in a pre-made package. I'm all about fresh produce and making things on your own. Definitely healthier that way, and when you buy from a green market, you're supporting local. But I digress...

I got the idea from a Whole Foods recipe and from the best guacamole I've ever eaten in all my life... more to follow on that another day. The guacamole I made had food-processed (yes, i just made that a verb) edamame. That's soy beans for the non-foodies of the group. So not only is this guac fresh and delicious, but it's a superfood balance of protein, complex carbs, and healthy fats (unsaturated). Add some fresh chopped red onion, poblano pepper, garlic, cilantro, fresh-squeezed lime juice, diced tomato and chili powder, and you've got yourself some killer guac. Not guacamole that kills you, like a big old godzilla-monster avocado. Just some mad deliciousness. Or happy deliciousness. You pick.


Ciao Bella,

Matteo "Monster-Guac" Yazge

P.S. - this post was brought to you by the hyphen.

No comments:

Post a Comment