Monday, September 28, 2009

Il cielo è Belgio



I want to know who thought it was OK to keep Belgium a secret...


That may have been one of the most wonderful weekends I've ever had. Ever. It felt like one of those day-dreamy trips where everywhere you went was just as awesome as the last. A bit like Disney, only minus the scary people in costumes and plus a lot more waffles.

There was so much to discuss that I think I'm going to spread out the recounting of our tale over the course of this week. Plus I'm tired and really don't have time to do it all now. We got back last night around midnight, and I had class all day today. I found the DVD recordings of the Operas I need to watch for class, but they were all at least 30 euro. Not willing to pay that. So I ordered them on Amazon, had them delivered to the famiglia, and my mom is bringing them when she comes in a week and a half. Crazy, right? I can't believe it's so soon! She and one of our close family friends (Aunt Selma for those of you who know her!) are flying into Rome and I'm going to meet them for the weekend, and then they'll spend the week here in Firenze.

Before I go, I'd like to draw your attention to the change in picture. Since this week is the week of the waffle - and all about Belgium - I felt it was appropriate. Also, by the end of the week expect a video on the festivities surrounding Wafflefest '09. That's right. We video taped it.


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "Born-to-be-Belgian" Yazge

1 comment:

  1. pretty picture.

    WHY IS MOM GOING TO FLORENCE WITHOUT ME!?!?!?!?!?!!? she should know that few people love you as i love you. and it's not fair for me to be kept from you. t. shaff and i were just discussing this the other day. verizon needs to step up their game and figure out international texting so that my life is whole again. kthx.

    ReplyDelete