Thursday, September 10, 2009

Troppo Troppo Troppo...



Thessaloniki: the beach and the film festival


So yesterday I was in the midst of booking our trip to Greece when a funny little message showed up on my computer screen. "CREDIT CARD DENIED". That was fun. Originally I was going to try and book our trip to Spain last night too, but I took the credit card denial as a sign, finished booking the trip to the Thessaloniki International Film Festival and called it a night. It's exciting though. We'll be there when the weather isn't hot, and the movie tickets are only 6 euro apiece. Not to mention all the amazing Greekness of it all. Though I don't speak a word of Greek, so that should be interesting... Maybe I'll just start shattering plates all over the place and they'll understand me better. O-PAH!

Oh, and by-the-by, I'm officially making it home from Amsterdam. Sorry to those of you who were pulling for me to stay there for the rest of the semester. I finally got my plane ticket (part of the reason my credit card was flagged; funny how they don't think you should be buying 5 plane tickets to 4 different countries in one day!) So all but one of our travels are booked. Barcelona is the last one, unless anyone has any other amazing (and affordable) suggestions?

OH OH OH! Before I forget! I woke up this morning and was getting ready to go to the bathroom when I saw THE LARGEST COCKROACH EVER! The ones back in New York have NOTHING on these suckers. It was the size of my fist. The girls were screaming and wanted me to do something about it... fulfill my duty as the only owner of a Y-chromosome. I was like "You've got the wrong guy. Bugs=nast." But I ended up destroying the little bastard with my shoe, then proceeded to spray it with "Off!" I don't know what I thought that would do. It's supposed to repel bugs, not kill them. But maybe he'll experience a degree of self-loathing that will teach him a lesson. Bugs - really crawly creatures of any kind - don't belong in my apartment.


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "Xeno" Yazge

No comments:

Post a Comment