Monday, September 21, 2009

Il duomo non buono.

Ding dong! Go away...


I'm no longer a fan of the Duomo. That's right. I said it. And I'm not going to take it back!

The bells go off every 15 minutes, and they're louder than the 80's. There's no such thing as silence in this piazza. And the tourists. I thought it was bad in Manhattan, but at least New York has sidewalks. The sidewalks here are mere suggestions of what a sidewalk should be, and you can't even use them because there's always 20 people in front of you with their cameras pointed up towards the Duomo. OUT OF MY WAY!

This morning I heard some lady complaining "Where's the golden door?!" Well, if you did your reading, you'd know that it's on the baptistry, not the cathedral itself. If you had any respect, you'd realize that this "building" is a place of worship and holds a lot of religious significant for some people. And if you'd stop being loud and obnoxious, my life would be a lot better. It really feels like I'm living in the middle of Times Square. I miss Union Square, and New York, and big sidewalks.


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "Manhattan" Yazge

No comments:

Post a Comment