Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Il ragazzo che sapeva troppo


Consequently, the boy who epically wins...




If you don't own MIKA's new CD, you need stop whatever you're doing, slap yourself for being so ridiculous, and then go buy it. Trust me. You'll thank me.

I feel it's appropriate to blog about MIKA, as he's European. Well, technically he's half Lebanese and half white-bread American. His dad was in the armed forces in Lebanon, and married a Lebanese woman. They moved to Paris for a while and then settled in London, where MIKA studied music classically (as in he studied classical music, he studied in a classic manner, and he was very classy while doing so). He graduated from the Royal College of Music in London (as in he graduated with pomp and circumstance like Royalty, and did other Royal and Musical things including but not limited to graduating). In 2006 he released Boy in Cartoon Motion, which came to my ears with great success. I listened to it a lot, and everyone in my head thought it was rather enjoyable. In fact, there were enough voices present to hold a quorum and award MIKA a key to the State of Delusion.

My multiple personalities are now incredibly pleased to announce the release of MIKA's latest CD, The Boy Who Knew Too Much. My literary voice would like to note MIKA's obvious use of the word "boy" in both CD titles, and would also like to suggest that he does so to reaffirm in the public eye that he indeed is of the male gender. (Trust us, it can be confusing with his falsetto). We also strongly recommend listening to "Touches You" on repeat. It may be the best song on the entire CD. You will be instantly addicted.

In other news, I have an overwhelming appetite. I'm off to find cheesecake.


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "and Julian, Esteban, Mr. Sourpuss, and Helga" Yazge

4 comments:

  1. you make me laugh...

    also i want cheesecake. please send me some. thanks ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as we don't have to pay tuition for all those "others" in your head, and they will share that one piece of cheesecake, more power to you! Hope they all like your choice of music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Yay for cheesecake. I hear it's hard to make.

    2. I have a friend that's studying at the Royal College of Music right now. Violin. We need to do a walk-by when you're here, it's a pretty little area.

    3. It makes me happy that he classically trained.

    4. MWWAAAH!

    ReplyDelete