Monday, September 7, 2009

Le cose nuove

Milan, watch out.

So the past 24 hours have been full of new things, and by full I mean I have two new things to share. I'll number them so it's easier for you to follow:

1. I bought a new leather jacket. I feel very Top Gun in it, especially when I wear my sunglasses. I knew that I wanted to get a leather jacket while I was here, but I didn't expect to find it so early, or in a normal store (as opposed to the street market). But it's great that I did, because I can't haggle to save my life. The only bargaining skills I have are when it comes to bumming money out of my parents, and that's taken quite some time for me to refine into the art form it is today. Not to mention my fear of rejection; even if I get my parents to fork over whatever sum of money I've been preordained to have that week, I know they still love me. Street vendors? Not so much.


2. MOKA! We finally bought coffee to make back at the apartment, because this weekend we discovered that we have a Moka coffee pot. You put the water in the bottom part, then put in the metal filter with the grounds and screw on the top. You place the whole thing over the stove, and the water steams through the filter into the top piece. It's kind of like a percolator. Only better. And delicious. My memories of percolators involve lots of old people and really crappy coffee that tastes like someone tried to brew charred dirt. Non bene. My Moka coffee came out pretty well this morning, and now I just have to get down how to make the sugar/froth that goes on top. It involves taking the first shot of espresso that brews and mixing it with sugar. You can learn how to do it here.


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "Maverick" Yazge

P.S. - Further reporting on Wafflefest '09 to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment