Saturday, December 5, 2009

CENTO!!!



100 posts, and I'm still this adorable...


Yup! This is my 100th post! It feels like a lot more, but that could be because I'm tired/my brain is threatening to pack its bags and leave.

It's really good timing for my 100th post, the end of my semester in Italy. An end of an era, really. Let's take a look back and remember the wonderful topics we've discussed:



Travel: Paris, London, Italy, beyond...




Crazy People: Oprah, Lindsay Lohan, Berlusconi, and more!



Food: Turkey, Waffles, Risotto...



Music: Opera, British Pop Stars, and singing nuns...



I've also come the realization (after 100 posts, and roughly 200 days) that you can't start off famous. That's too easy, and not quite as fun. I'd again like for all of us to look to the great Kathy Griffin for inspiration. You must claw, bite, scratch, and shamelessly self-promote yourself to the top. Publicity stunts, gimmicks, and first amendment lawyers are all essential to this process, and I fully intend to take full advantage of the fact that I (normally) live in a metropolitan area that hosts all the country's major networks. So when you see my mug shot on the 6 o'clock news, you can say "Oh, well I was reading his blog before it was cool." Thank you, all 4 of you, who read this and understand the necessary steps of obscurity and infamy that eventually lead to fame. This is for you. Well, really it's about me getting famous, but you get the idea.

Now get excited for all the good stuff to come! Here's just a list of some of the things you can look forward to in the coming days, weeks, and months:


  • Christmas Countdown!
  • My reintegration into the US (shame-based Wal-mart excursions and all)
  • Classic American Movie marathons
  • Exploring the outer boroughs
  • World Cup anticipation
  • Matt Looks for a Job: an in depth analysis of procrastination at its best
  • Ridiculous videos possibly featuring Baby Lexi
  • and MUCH MUCH MORE!!!!
Did that get you excited enough? Good. Because it should.


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "Centurian" Yazge

3 comments:

  1. hahaha comparison to Kathy Griffith, ohhh dear. Congrats on 100!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! One Hundred posts!

    I've read all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also celebrated a 100 milestone this evening, I am following my 100th person on Twitter and that lucky person is none other then Taylor Swift. I invited her out to dinner to celebrate the milestone, she still hasn't replied.

    ReplyDelete