Sunday, December 27, 2009

Non è simplice...




I'd explain, but it's complicated...




So on my way home from church today, I get a call from my dad saying that he's at the gas station down the street, where my aunt and grandmother were in a stalled car. They were supposed to leave today, but apparently their car thought otherwise. On the bright side it meant more time with both of them and a trip to the movies.

We decided to go see It's Complicated. First off, Meryl is amazing. No wonder this role got a Golden Globe nomination. She is one of the most versatile actors I can think of. Not only can she play any role, but she can run the whole gamut of emotions in a single role. In It's Complicated she plays the mom, the old divorcee, stoned, a dating woman, all of it. I'm pretty convinced they actually smoked weed for the shoot, because she was way too hilarious to have been sober.   All in all it was a great story, mainly about how complicated love is... hence the title. I really appreciated that at no point during the movie did it turn trite or cliché.

Finally, a huge nod to John Krasinski, who played the son-in-law. He was really funny without being Jim from The Office. It's nice to see that he (and the rest of the cast) could keep up with the Streep!


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "Complicated" Yazge

No comments:

Post a Comment