Monday, December 14, 2009

La Palestra



Get ready to eat your heart out Janie, I just got a gym membership...


Oh it feels so good to be a member at a gym again. And the lady who I signed up with was so nice. I was supposed to have my school ID since it was a membership for college students home for the holidays, but she let me sign up without it. Of course there was some witty banter back and forth, especially when I forgot how to write the date the American way... MO/DA/YEAR.

This was also a problem when I went to get a new Social Security Card. For the record, I didn't lose it, my parents did. But not the point. So I mosey through the front door, and there's an 5,000 year old security guard standing there. He asks me very abruptly if I was carrying any concealed weapons, knives, lighters, etc. When I answered no, he told me to turn my phone off. They take security very seriously at the SS Office of Greensburg, Pennsylvania. I really think it's to protect the workers from themselves. If I had to go to that office every day I'd probably want to shoot myself too. Anyway, I had the same day/month problem there too. The guy probably thought I was a moron. At least I'll be a skinny moron after my membership at the gym!


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "Lean Routine" Yazge

1 comment:

  1. hehe i still have that problem when i write dates. or read them. Like i thought the opening date of ticket sales was on 9 Dec when it was septerber 12... So i missed it... haha

    ReplyDelete