Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Che posso fare?



THE SAGA CONTINUES!

Some time yesterday, I received the following comment on the blog post in which I discuss my horrible experience with Boingo:

"I’m sorry to hear that you had a frustrating experience with us. We want you to be happy with Boingo, and we certainly don’t try to sneak anything past our customers. (We love puppies!)

Would you please send me an email at lsanyal at boingo dot com with your account information? We’ll take a look into your account and try to determine what happened. I’d definitely like to help resolve this concern for you. Thank you for your candid feedback!"



First off, I'm SHOCKED that they have someone scanning the internet for consumer complaints. This leads me to believe one of two things: 1) Boingo is seriously committed to customer service, or 2) There's a bigger problem that's causing them to put out fires before it becomes a bigger public issue. So after doing some digging around the internet, I found out that apparently the e-mail address is legit. It's on their Facebook Page, their Twitter, and several third party consumer complaint websites. So I decided to send lsanyal an e-mail trying to confirm that it is in fact a Boingo employee and not some random person perusing the internet trying to cause me more trouble. Also, I apologized for the puppy comment. That was a low blow. Funny that she mentioned it though. Gold star.


Will keep you updated.




Ciao Bella!


Matteo "Puppy 'poligizer" Yazge

3 comments:

  1. Haha! I love the sagas you get yourself into, Matt. You keep me extraordinarily entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt, you silly! Haven't you heard of Google Adwords? Where you can get daily updates on any company name of your choice? Boingo just saw their company name in your blog, and had a look at it. That's one of the reasons I get feedback from companies that I write about on my blog (although mostly nice stuff haha).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be so surprised, companies are creating whole departments to interact with social media and turn bad buzz into good. I am going to point this blog out on my Twitter because there are a number of social media divas who would find this story interesting.

    We are reaching a point where the internet really is making the world a smaller place and wrong doings of any kind can not remain hidden. I guess it just means we have to be perfect.

    ReplyDelete