Thursday, December 24, 2009

Il Natale è qui



COOOOOKIES!




It's been a loooong day. It all started with my mom waking me up and 30 minutes later me driving her to the store. We braved Dellalo's, the AMAZING Italian deli/grocer/bakery here. It almost compares to Italy itself... almost. We ended up buying something like $50 worth of different cheeses. Insane. And then my mom has the nerve to ask if we needed any more.

Got home, baked some Colac - traditional Romanian egg bread. Went to the gym for an hour, came home and showered, ate, then made a batch of tiramisu. Cleaned the kitchen, started cleaning my room. I've found that cleaning and getting organized are two completely different things. Cleaning actually gets things clean. Organizing makes everything horrifically messier, and things only start to get clean if you have enough energy to see the process the whole way through. I haven't finished yet, but I'm hoping maybe tomorrow?

Oh, and then I had to make Christmas cookies, because the dough I made the other night was going to go bad. I feel so domesticated. Lex was supposed to decorate them, but she's passed out on the floor in the living room. We're watching The Holiday. The best movie ever, basically. So now I'm going to go pass out in my mess of a room, and hopefully wake up early enough to clean it before the family gets here tomorrow!


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "the Christmas Elf" Yazge

1 comment:

  1. aw Matt, you are a domestic god! although from what I remember of your cooking skills, that's something to be VERY proud of. I want some cookies!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete