Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Più Cinema, Per Sempre



Ooooh... blue.




I'm a sucker for shiny things and bright colors. So you can guess how much I enjoyed Avatar. The graphics were beyond stunning, and as soon as I got over being ill from the 3D glasses, I felt like I was in the movie. The world they constructed was phenomenally gorgeous, and the story gave off such a Mother-Earth-tree-hugger vibe that I wanted to go live in the Amazon.

However, there were a few flaws. I understood the whole parallel to US military involvement around the world, but they took it a bit far at times. One of the characters even says things like "shock and awe" or "fight terror with terror". Don't get me wrong; I sympathize with the overall message: don't rape and pillage native peoples for energy and stuff. But it got a tad Glenn Beck at times. Granted he would have been arguing that the humans should have been killing every tree-hugger in sight, but that's beside the point. Like Glenn Beck, the movie had moments where you didn't care what the message was because the delivery is so distasteful that you just wanted to turn it off.

Which brings me to the gym. While I still had a throbbing headache after the movie, I'm pretty sure that Glenn Beck being on the TV while I was on the treadmill only made things worse. I couldn't move without feeling like my head was going to explode. My cure? Tea, pad thai, and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "Tree-hugging" Yazge

No comments:

Post a Comment