Friday, February 19, 2010

El Mundo Enfuego


Evan Lysacek, one of the many things that were "enfuego" in the past 24 hours.


So many things have been aflame recently. I feel that list form is the only way that I'm going to be able to remember everything. Here it goes:

  1. Evan Lysacek - He won gold. So that's awesome. It was all very moving, especially the fist pumping during his final spins, and then once the music stopped. To be honest though, I was looking for more footage of him melting onto the ice in a joyful, teary-eyed mess. Oh, and did I mention he's Orthodox? Because he is. That's cool too. You know what's not? Evgeni Plushenko blaming his loss on the point system. Go cry to someone who cares.
  2. Tiger Woods' Guilt - He had a news conference about his bad decisions. Some people think he was actually contrite, some people think he was full of it. I'm just glad he's out of sex rehab or whatever and we can start to stare at him like a train wreck again. 
  3. My Office Building - So as I was getting to work this morning, people were pouring out. Why? Because the building was on fire. There's construction on the 8th floor, and I guess something went wrong and then there was a fire? Details... I'm not a fan of them. Anyway, instead of working for the first two hours of my shift - because they wouldn't let me into a burning building - I got coffee, shopped for wine, and got lunch. That's a beautiful day of work. After the firefighters said we could come back in, I then spent an hour and a half editing videos and making smoothies. Not a bad afternoon if I do say so myself.

Ciao Bella!

Matteo "Enfuego" Yazge

No comments:

Post a Comment