Sunday, February 14, 2010

The way to my heart


I don't want to leave the cheeeese!


I find it ironic and fitting that Valentine's Day and the beginning of Lent fall on the same day. There's something very poetic about a season that centers around abstention being kicked of by a day that most people construe as being all about sex. Lucky for me, abstention isn't a huge problem for those who don't participate to begin with. It is a problem, however, when we get to the more serious things: cheese.

Right now I'm scarfing down cheesecake for lunch. Since I'm forgoing cheese and desserts this Lent, I figure it's a double whammy on the last day I'm allowed to eat any of these things. Dinner is going to be SMAC (Sarita's Mac and Cheese). I'm going whole hog, and eating like one too. 

To make matters worse, I'm going to not one, but TWO movies today: An Education and A Single Man. Both are really depressing movies. So, I'm pretty excited about that on Valentine's Day. You think I'd want to see a happy movie, but that just reminds me how not happy my own dating life is. I'd much rather see other dysfunctional relationships that make me feel better about myself. I'm going to see both movies with my local Valentine, Helen. But I also have an out of town Valentine, Lauren (left; she's sad because I can't be with her, hence her turning to the statue for support). You know, it's not Lent just yet. I'm still allowed to have multiple partners. 



Ciao Bella!

Matteo "Different Area Codes" Yazge

2 comments:

  1. Yaaaaay depressing BUT artsy movies! We're such a cultured and emo couple, I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. why this old and ancient photo of me?
    but yes, clearly i'm depressed because you are so far and seeing awesome movies with out me (an education, i love)
    happy valentine's day, my valentine from afar

    ReplyDelete