Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Greatest Form of Flattery...


YOU CAN'T COPY AN ORIGINAL!


OK, so let's just throw aside the fact that the whole premise of my blog is very loosely based around a pre-existing literary classic. Instead, I'd like to focus on how Comedy Central is already trying to loosely base a show off of my blog, which - while in my head I'm convinced is ground breaking and awardworthy - is not even a household name yet! Seriously? Ugly Americans? Total rip off. Let's look at the details a bit:

  • The show focuses on a normal, well-balanced guy who has to deal with zombies and a girlfriend who literally comes from the 7th circle of hell. My blog is about me, a (sometimes) well-balanced guy who has to deal with all kinds of crazies/hellions.
  • Ugly Americans is set in New York City. The Ugly American is written by me, and I live in New York City.
  • The main character leads group therapy. I could probably use some group therapy.
  • The main character has brown hair. I HAVE BROWN HAIR!
When will the content stealing end?! Shame, shame on you Comedy Central! The least you could do is pay me some royalties. Ugly American OUT!


Ciao Bella!

Matteo "The (semi)Original Ugly American" Yazge

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA. NO WAY! I love it. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Now all that show needs is a kick-butt, hot Asian friend. Yep, that would be even more stealing from you life -- am I right or am I right???

    ReplyDelete